Am I covered if I lend my bike to another person?
Am I covered while travelling overseas with my bicycle?
With RealBike Insurance, your bicycle is covered while you are travelling anywhere in Australia and New Zealand. For trips anywhere else in the world, you need to let us know where you’re taking your bicycle, and we must confirm your cover in writing.
Are there any specific security requirements if I transport or store my bicycle?
Yes. To make sure you’re covered under RealBike Insurance, here are the main security requirements for storing and transporting your bike.
At your home:
- You must ensure that when your bicycle is left inside your home that your home is securely locked whenever there is no one at home
- If your bicycle is left in an outbuilding (such as your garage) or any other fully enclosed building with walls and a roof, these buildings must be securely locked. If you make a claim, you will need to provide evidence of forcible and violent entry to these buildings
- If your bicycle is left anywhere else on your property, it must be securely locked through the frame of your bicycle to an immovable object with an approved lock
Away from your home:
If your bicycle is left unattended while away from your home, it must be securely locked through the frame of the bicycle to an immovable object with an approved lock. See What are approved locks?
While your bicycle is being transported:
- If your bicycle is left unattended while it is in, or attached to, any motor vehicle (including while it is in transit) it must be securely locked through the frame of the bicycle to a properly fixed vehicle bicycle rack with an approved lock, or
- Locked in an enclosed boot that is not accessible by removing any partition or breaking a window
For more information on security requirements, please see the Product Disclosure Statement.
Can I add or make changes to the policy at any time?
Definitely! Just call us on 13 19 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that certain additions may affect your bike insurance premium.
Refunds are payable for cancellations. The refund amount is calculated on a pro rata basis less an administration fee.
Do I need proof of ownership?
Yes, you do need to provide proof of ownership. Your bicycle is covered as soon as your bike insurance policy starts if you purchased the bicycle new in the preceding 30 days (you will need to send us proof of purchase within 14 days of buying this policy).
If your bicycle is older than 30 days, you will need to have your local bicycle shop complete and sign the ownership verification section on your cover note, and then fax this to us before we can start your cover. Please note that we cannot cover you until we receive your proof of ownership.
If you would prefer to complete the proof of ownership before purchasing your policy, please print out a blank Proof of Ownership Form and send it to us once completed.