Premiums & Payments Q&A
The following questions are to be used as a reference guide only and do not substitute or replace your insurance contract, the PDS or Certificate of Insurance.
- How can I pay for my car insurance policy?
- How can I reduce my car insurance premium?
- How do I renew my car insurance policy?
- What no-claim discount do you offer on car insurance?
- What payment frequencies do you have?
- Are my bank / credit card details protected?
- What happens if my payment date falls on a weekend or public holiday?
How can I pay for my car insurance policy?
You can pay by direct debit from a credit card or bank account. We’ll set up an automatic payment schedule for you so you don’t need to do anything when your premium is due – it’s all done for you!
How can I reduce my car insurance premium?
We’d be happy to help! We have a wide range of car insurance products, so you can choose a policy that’s affordable for you. Here are some of the ways you can keep costs down:
- If you want Comprehensive cover but you drive less than your neighbours, check to see if you qualify for Pay As You Drive cover.
- Choose a higher excess. The higher your excess, the lower your premium. But remember, while your premiums will be cheaper now, you will have to pay more if you need to make a claim.
How do I renew my car insurance policy?
One of the great things about having insurance with Real Insurance is our no-fuss automatic renewals. So when you receive your insurance renewal documents, you must read over the details and check that everything is correct. If nothing has changed, then you can just relax while your policy renews automatically. You only need to call us on 13 19 48 if you need to make changes to your policy or details, or you do not wish to renew with us.
What no-claim discount do you offer on car insurance?
At Real Insurance, we believe in giving all our customers real savings and real value right from the start. So instead of promising you a no claim bonus sometime in the future, we give you lower-cost insurance from the day you join.
We work out your premium by considering factors like the type of car you want to insure, your age, other drivers of your car, your location and your insurance history, then give you the best possible deal every time.
To find out how much you could save, get an online car insurance quote today.
What payment frequencies do you have?
You can pay your car insurance (as well as home and contents insurance) premiums by the month or you can pay less by electing to pay annually.
Are my bank / credit card details protected?
What happens if my payment date falls on a weekend or public holiday?
If your payment date happens to fall on a weekend or public holiday, the payment will be taken out on the next business day.