By adding optional Children’s Insurance to your Real Life Insurance policy, you are financially protecting both you and your family at a time when you don’t want to be worrying about money.
Children’s Insurance provides a benefit in the event your child suffers a defined illness or injury, or passes away. This benefit can be put towards anything your family may need; such as medical expenses, childcare fees or extra school tuition. If you have to take time off work, this benefit could also replace some of your lost income during this period.
Features of Children’s Insurance
The benefit is paid if your child suffers any of the following serious illnesses or injuries:
- Terminal Illness
- Blindness, Deafness
- Total and Permanent Loss of Use of One Limb
- Major Head Trauma
- Benign Tumour of the Brain or of the Spinal Cord
- Severe Burns
- Chronic Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
This benefit is also paid as a lump sum if your child passes away.
You can use the Benefit Amount in any way you wish – to help with your child’s medical expenses, school fees or towards their recovery.
Things you should know
- Cover is for Accidental Death only in the first three months.
- Your child will not be covered for any claimable injury or illness, or death from any cause, which becomes apparent or occurs before the policy commences or during the first three months.
- Cover expires for each child on the policy anniversary following their 21st birthday.
- The Benefit Amount is payable once, per child insured.
For more information on our optional Children's Insurance, download our life insurance Product Disclosure Statement or call 1300 377 325 now.