While income protection insurance can cover you for a loss of income due to an injury or sickness, getting back on your feet can still cost thousands of dollars in addition to your regular living expenses, in physical and occupational therapy – that’s why Real Income Protection has additional cover for rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation program – If you participate in an approved rehabilitation program, we will reimburse you up to an additional 50% of your income benefit for each month that you participate in the program, up to $3,000 for a maximum of six months.
- Return to work costs – We will reimburse up to six times the amount of your income benefit toward expenses such as the cost of special equipment and workplace modifications that are designed to help you re-enter the workforce.
The Real Income Protection Insurance rehabilitation benefit gives you peace of mind knowing that you can afford care, when you need it most.Request a Quick Quote
Some things you should know
- Monthly benefit amount and benefit period are dependent on underwriting outcome.
- The income benefit payments you receive will be either monthly amount insured or 70% of your pre-tax income, whichever is less, and reduced by any other disability payments for your injury or sickness.
- Policy expires on the policy anniversary after your 65th birthday.
- This is a summary of the Real Income Protection Insurance policy. For full details including what exclusions apply, read our Product Disclosure Statement.