Pay As You Drive Car Insurance
Drive less? Save more! You could save up to $220 with Pay As You Drive.1 Enjoy the peace of mind of full Comprehensive cover but only pay for the kilometres you plan to drive.
Pay As You Drive car insurance offers all the benefits of Comprehensive car insurance at a reduced rate for those who don’t drive a lot. Only pay for what you plan to use, and rest assured that you can top up if required.
Examples of customers saving with Pay As You Drive include:
- Short Trip Drivers
- Public Transport Users
- Second Car Owners
How it works
Call us on 13 19 48 or Get a Quote & Buy Online, and tell us how many kilometres you plan to drive each year. We’ll let you know if you qualify and give you a quote.
Provide your start odometer reading
Next, you will need to provide the start odometer reading of your car when you purchase the policy.
Your end odometer reading is calculated by adding the amount of kilometres you plan to drive to the start odometer reading that you have disclosed.
Top up your kilometres
If at anytime during the year you are coming close to your end odometer reading, simply call us to top up your kilometres. This will increase your end odometer reading. (You’ll need to pay extra premium to increase your end odometer reading).
If you make a claim at a time when you’re above the end odometer reading shown on your Certificate of Insurance, then you’ll need to pay the basic excess, an Outside odometer excess and any other applicable excesses at the time of a claim.
- Loss or damage to your car from theft, accidents, fire, or natural events
- Damage to other people’s cars and property caused by you or your car
- New for Old replacement if your car is a total loss in the first two years3
- Select personal property damaged or stolen from your car – up to $500
- Child safety seats and prams stolen or damaged in an accident – up to $500
- Essential repairs to get you back on the road, plus reasonable towing costs
- Emergency accommodation if theft or damage occurs more 200km from home
- Costs towards a hire car after theft – up to 14 days
- Damage to a caravan or trailer in an accident while towed by your car
- Loss or damage to your car during transport anywhere within Australia
- Lock and key replacement for peace of mind if your keys are ever stolen
Plus get even more protection with our optional extras:
This is a summary of the Pay As You Drive cover. For full details including limits and exclusions of these benefits, please read our Product Disclosure Statement.
Why choose Real Insurance?
- Save up to 10% when you buy online2
- Flexible payment options
- 24/7 claims lodgement and emergency assistance
- We don’t have assessment centres, we use everyday repairers
- Real Insurance is a multi-award winning insurance company
More and more Australians are discovering the savings of Pay As You Drive Car Insurance.
Need help deciding?
Find fast answers to commonly asked Pay As You Drive Car Insurance questions here.
Compare our insurance policy features at a glance to see which best suits you or find out more about our Car Insurance products.
If you drive a lot and want the freedom of unlimited kilometres, find out more about our Comprehensive Car Insurance.
See how easy it is to apply for Pay As You Drive Car Insurance. Call us on 13 19 48 or Request a Quote.
Savings between $0 to $220 derived from profiles based on Real Pay As You Drive customers, as of 1 March 2019. Actual savings are determined by your individual circumstances, including the kilometres selected, excess chosen and other risk factors. Minimum premiums may reduce savings.
If you are driving more, your agreed kilometres can be increased/extended during the policy period, an additional premium is payable. If your agreed kilometres are exceeded, an additional excess will be applied in the event of an accident.
- Up to 10% discount consists of 5% saving for online applicants, savings in first year only. Up to 5% off to exclude drivers under 25. Minimum premiums may reduce savings discount. Not applicable to Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance.
- Applies in the event of a total loss, provided you are the first registered owner of vehicle.
- Percentages calculated from number of new Real PAYD policies over total number of all new Real car insurance policies during the specified periods.