General Q&A

Important note:

The following questions are to be used as a reference guide only and do not substitute or replace your insurance contract, the PDS or Certificate of Insurance.

How do I change my details on my home and/or contents insurance policy?

If you have moved, need to increase your sum insured, or advise us of any other changes to your details, then please call us on 13 19 48. We don’t charge any administration fees to make these changes.

Please keep in mind that your home or contents insurance premium may go up or down, depending on the change you need to make.

You can also login to your Home Insurance Account to:

  • Access your policies.
  • View your Certificates of Insurance.
  • Update your contact details and payment information.

I have lost my home and/or contents insurance documents, how do I get replacement documents?

If you’ve lost your home Certificate of Insurance or Product Disclosure Statement, simply call us on 13 19 48, and we’ll email, fax or post copies of your documents to you. You can also download the Product Disclosure Statement directly from our web site, or a copy of your Certificate of Insurance by logging into your Home Insurance Account.

My financier needs a Certificate of Currency, what do I do?

If your financier needs a copy of your Certificate of Currency, call us on 13 19 48, and we’ll arrange to email or post a copy to them. Please have your financier’s contact details ready when you call.

What information will I need to get a home and/or contents insurance quote?

Learn about what information you will need to provide for a quote with our Home Insurance Quote Guide.

What is Strata Title?

Strata Title is a title based on dividing the site into lots with separate titles. The most common application of Strata Title is for units; but it is also used for complexes with a number of duplexes and villas.

Can I get building insurance if my home is under Strata Title?

We cannot normally insure your home if it has a Strata Title and is insured under a body corporate. However, there may be some instances where we can offer building insurance for Strata Title properties. If you are unsure, please call us on 13 19 48 to discuss with us. We can offer contents insurance to cover the fixtures and fittings that aren’t covered by the body corporate’s insurance.

What does Heritage Listed mean?

Heritage listing provides formal recognition by your local council or the State Government that a place has heritage significance and that the community wants to keep it for future generations.

What insurance should I get if I am a tenant?

When you are renting or are a tenant, make sure that you get the right cover for your possessions while you live in someone else’s property. Contents Insurance is the perfect insurance for tenants, as it can help you get your life back to normal as soon as possible after an unfortunate event.

Real Contents Insurance protects against theft, fire, earthquakes, lightning, storms, vandalism, bursting of water pipes, and more, all at an affordable price. Best of all, it comes with a 24/7 claims service that’s based in Australia and flexible payment options.

I’ve divorced/separated from my partner. Who is listed on my insurance?

If you have divorced, or separated from a partner listed on your home and contents insurance documents, please call us on 13 19 48. As each situation is different, we can discuss your needs confidentially over the phone, and make any necessary changes to your policy.

What should I do if I move?

If you move, you need to call 13 19 48 to tell us the details of your new home. When you call us, please have the following information handy:

  • The date you are moving address
  • Your new address
  • The age of your new home and its construction and security details

Please be aware that because your premium is based on your location, as well as the specific details of your house, the premium may change when you move.

Do you offer cover notes?

No, we do not offer cover notes for home, contents or landlord’s insurance.

Are any of my personal details ‘sold’ or disclosed to any other 3rd parties?

Hollard and Real Insurance have a Privacy Collection Notice which complies with relevant Australian Privacy Law and details how we treat your personal information. This information is also available in our Product Disclosure Statement.