General Q&A

Important note:

The following questions are to be used as a reference guide only and do not substitute or replace your insurance contract, the PDS or Certificate of Insurance.

How do I change my details on my Landlords Insurance policy?

If you have sold or moved into your investment property, need to increase your sum insured, or advise us of any other changes to your details, then please call us on 13 19 48. We don’t charge any administration fees to make these changes.

Please keep in mind that your premium may go up or down, depending on the change you need to make.

You can also login to your Landlords Insurance Account to:

  • Access your policies.
  • View your Certificates of Insurance.
  • Update your contact details and payment information.

I have lost my insurance documents, how do I get replacement documents?

If you’ve lost your Landlords Certificate of Insurance or Product Disclosure Statement, simply call us on 13 19 48, and we’ll email, fax or post copies of your documents to you. You can also download the Product Disclosure Statement directly from our web site, or a copy of your Certificate of Insurance by logging into your Landlords Insurance Account.

My financier needs a Certificate of Currency, what do I do?

If your financier needs a copy of your Certificate of Currency, call us on 13 19 48, and we’ll arrange to email or post a copy to them. Please have your financier’s contact details ready when you call.

What is Strata Title?

Strata Title is a title based on dividing the site into lots with separate titles. The most common application of Strata Title is for units; but it is also used for complexes with a number of duplexes and villas.

Can I get Landlords Insurance if my building is under Strata Title?

We cannot normally insure your building if it has a Strata Title and is insured under a body corporate. However, there may be some instances where we can offer building insurance for Strata Title properties. If you are unsure, please call us on 13 19 48 to discuss with us. We can offer contents insurance to cover the fixtures and fittings that aren’t covered by the body corporate’s insurance.

I’ve divorced/separated from my partner. Who is listed on my insurance?

If you have divorced, or separated from a partner listed on your building and contents insurance documents, please call us on 13 19 48. As each situation is different, we can discuss your needs confidentially over the phone, and make any necessary changes to your policy.

What should I do if I move?

If you move, you need to call 13 19 48 to tell us the details of your address as this may affect where we send your documentation.

Do you offer cover notes?

No, we do not offer cover notes for home, contents or landlord’s insurance.

Are any of my personal details ‘sold’ or disclosed to any other 3rd parties?

Hollard and Real Insurance have a Privacy Collection Notice which complies with relevant Australian Privacy Law and details how we treat your personal information. This information is also available in our Product Disclosure Statement.

Can I cancel my policy?

Yes. With Real Landlords Insurance, you can cancel your policy by contacting us. If you’ve already paid a yearly premium, we’ll refund the full amount less the amount covering the period you’re insured for and any government or statutory charges we’re unable to recover. You can also cancel your policy for a full refund, less any unrecoverable government or statutory charges, within 14 days of purchasing if you’re not completely satisfied, provided you haven’t made a claim in this time.