Miracle Babies Foundation
Miracle Babies Foundation is Australia’s leading organisation supporting premature and sick newborns, their families and the hospitals that care for them.
Miracle Babies do some truly special work and since 2005, they have been tireless in their pursuit of developing and providing vital resources to support families as they go through life changing experiences whether that be a threatened pregnancy, their stay in hospital with a sick newborn or their journey home and beyond. Some important statistics:
- Babies born before 37 weeks are considered premature.
- In Australia, approximately 15% of all babies need admittance into a Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or Special Care Nursery (SCN).
- Up to 1,000 Australian babies lose their fight for life each year.
- 15.3% of live born babies were admitted to a SCN or NICU:
- NSW = 14,353
- VIC = 11,718
- QLD =10,680
- WA = 3141
- SA = 3308
- TAS = 964
- ACT = 829
- NT = 668
- Australia is home to 22 world-class intensive care units designed for our earliest and sickest babies.
About the NICUchat app
Miracle Babies have developed an app called NICUchat that is designed to connect families that may be looking for the support of others who are experiencing the same emotions, who are in the same situation, or have been through it before.
The NICUchat app costs $2.49 and a portion of the proceeds will go back to Miracle Babies to help cover administration and ongoing running costs.
The app is currently only available for iOS via the App store. Please access the App store below to download the NICUchat app.
If you’d like to learn more, please visit the Miracle Babies Foundation website.