Nobody wants to think that their child may become sick or injured. But if something were to happen, it is important to be prepared.
By adding this option to your Income Protection Insurance, you’ll receive a benefit if your child suffers a defined illness or injury, helping to cover extra costs such as medical expenses and school tuition. You’ll also receive this benefit if your child passes away.
The benefit is paid if your child suffers any of the following serious illnesses or injuries:
- Terminal Illness
- Blindness, Deafness
- Total and Permanent Loss of Use of One Limb
- Major Head Trauma
- Benign Tumour of the Brain or of the Spinal Cord
- Severe Burns
- Chronic Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
You can use the Benefit Amount in any way you wish – to help with your child’s medical expenses, school fees or towards their recovery.
This benefit is also paid as a lump sum if your child passes away.
Some things you should know
- Cover is for Accidental Death only in the first three months.
- Your child will not be covered for any claimable injury or illness, or death from any cause, which becomes apparent or occurs before or during the first three months.
- The Benefit Amount is payable once per child insured.
For more information on our optional Children’s Insurance download our Income Protection Insurance Product Disclosure Statement or call 1300 665 187.