Children’s Insurance Option
Nobody wants to see their child sick or injured. But if something was to happen, it is important to be prepared.
By adding this option to your Income Protection Insurance, you’ll receive a benefit if your child suffers a defined illness or injury, helping to cover extra costs such as medical expenses and school tuition. You’ll also receive this benefit if your child passes away.
- Take out Children’s Insurance for any of your children who are between ages 2 and 17
- Choose your own Benefit Amount from $20,000 up to $50,000 for each child insured
- The benefit is paid if your child suffers one of the following serious illnesses or injuries – Terminal Illness, Blindness, Deafness, Total and Permanent Loss of Use of One Limb, Encephalitis, Major Head Trauma, Meningitis, Paralysis, Benign Tumour of the Brain or of the Spinal Cord, Cancer, Severe Burns, Chronic Kidney Failure or Major Organ Transplant
- This benefit is also paid as a lump sum if your child passes away
- You can use the Benefit Amount any way you wish – to help with your child’s medical expenses, school fees or towards their recovery
Some things you should know
- Cover is for Accidental Death only in the first three months.
- Your child will not be covered for any claimable injury or illness, or death from any cause, which becomes apparent or occurs before or during the first three months.
- The Benefit Amount is payable once per child insured.