Emergency accommodation cover

Most of us can only imagine the distress caused when your home is severely damaged by a flood, fire, cyclone or another unfortunate event. For most of us, the shock at seeing our home damaged would soon be overtaken by stress about where you and your family would sleep that night and in the months that follow while your home is being rebuilt.

Luckily, the home insurance offered by Real Insurance includes emergency accommodation cover as standard on our policies.

When your home is insured and we accept a claim, and agree that you cannot safely reside in your home because of damage caused, we will pay for equivalent temporary accommodation that we believe is reasonable for you and any family living with you at your home at the time of the event, while your home is being rebuilt or repaired. This benefit is in addition to the total sum insured of your home.

We will cover you for the lesser of 12 months rent or 10% or your home sum insured.

You can get an online quote for home insurance including our emergency accommodation cover as standard from Real Insurance.