General Car Insurance Q&A

Important note:

The following questions are to be used as a reference guide only and do not substitute or replace your insurance contract, the PDS or Certificate of Insurance.

Do you offer CTP green slips?

No, we don’t offer CTP (Compulsory Third Party) green slips at Real Insurance. We do offer Comprehensive, Pay As You Drive, Third Party Fire & Theft and Third Party Property Damage car insurance cover and you can simply get a quick car insurance quote online or contact us on 13 19 48 to discuss your insurance needs.

Return to Top

Do you offer cover notes?

No, we do not offer cover notes for car insurance cover.

Return to Top

Do you have age restrictions on your car insurance?

We insure licenced drivers and learner drivers. We do not cover drivers that are younger than any age restriction shown on your Certificate of Insurance as certain vehicles have higher age minimums. We will not cover drivers under 25 if you have selected to exclude drivers under 25 years old for your policy.

Return to Top

How do I make changes to my car insurance policy?

You can make changes to your car insurance policy quickly and easily by calling us on 13 19 48. It only takes a few minutes, and there are no administration fees. Remember, depending on the changes you make, the cost of your car insurance premium could change too.

You can also use our online Secure Self Service Form to:

  • Obtain a copy of your policy documents.
  • Switch to paperless correspondence.
  • Change the financial interest on your policy.
  • Resolve an outstanding premiums notice.
Return to Top

I have lost my car insurance documents, how do I get replacement documents?

If you’ve lost your Certificate of Insurance or Product Disclosure Statement, simply call us on 13 19 48, and we’ll email or post copies of your documents to you. You can also download the Product Disclosure Statement directly from our website, or ask us for a copy of your Certificate of Insurance using our Secure Self Service Form.

Return to Top

My lender needs a car insurance certificate, what do I do?

If your lender needs a copy of your car Certificate of Insurance, call us on 13 19 48, and we’ll arrange to email or post a copy to them. Please have your lender’s contact details ready when you call.

You can also ask for a Certificate of Insurance online with our Secure Self Service Form.

Return to Top

What information will I need to get a car insurance quote?

Learn about what information you will need to provide for a quote with our Car Insurance Quote Guide.

Return to Top

Are any of my personal details ‘sold’ or disclosed to any other 3rd parties?

Hollard and Real Insurance have a Privacy Policy which complies with relevant Australian Privacy Law and details how we treat your personal information. This information is also available in our Product Disclosure Statement.

Return to Top