Real Futures Grant
Since Real Insurance was launched in Australia in 2005, our goal has been to protect the quality of people’s lives. We do this by providing insurance products that meet the needs of everyday Australians and offer peace of mind at an affordable price. We know that real health for you and your family is only ever as good as the people who are providing it. And we know that finances are a key factor for families as well as insurance products and services. So with that in mind, we are helping to encourage the best people into the healthcare, business and finance industries by providing the Real Futures Grant.
This grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2018–19 grant are now closed and applications for the 2019–20 grant is open until October 31, 2020.
The value of this grant is AUD $5,000 (total amount). This amount is paid as a one off payment to the winner.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Business – including any business related courses from any institution.
- Finance – including actuarial, statistics, accounting and general finance courses.
- Medicine – including medical and health sciences, surgery and medical research.
- Healthcare – including health and fitness-related specialties, sport sciences, health services assistance and international health.
- Specialist healthcare – including nursing, optometry, dentistry and pharmacy.
- Only citizens or permanent residents of Australia can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age to enter.
To apply for the Real Futures Grant, you will need to write an essay (maximum 700 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study. We are looking for submissions that reflect a real desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose, just honest and from the heart, so start thinking about the real reasons you have chosen the career path you have and then put them into words.
How to apply
All applicants must email the following documentation to email@example.com;
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 700 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address).
The winner of the grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the Real Insurance team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge.
The panel for 2019–20 grant will convene from November 15, 2020 at 58 Norwest Boulevard, Norwest NSW 2153.
The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2021. Winner of the 2018–19 grant will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on January 31, 2020.
See full Terms and Conditions.