Real Contents Insurance can help you protect your valuable possessions while you rent. Real Contents Insurance offers cost-effective cover to tenants that will help you get your life back on track as soon as possible with ‘new for old’ replacement on most items and protection inside and outside your rented home.
It’s easy to think when you’re living in a rented property that your landlord will assume liability for your contents within their property, if something were to happen and they were damaged. But, it isn’t the case when it comes to a tenant’s belongings. If a tenant’s items are damaged or stolen, a landlord’s insurance policy will not replace them, even if the loss could have been avoided.
Consider how much it would cost to replace your valuables. If you can, do a room-by-room assessment of your possessions to ensure your final evaluation is as accurate as possible. Don’t forget to include your clothing, shoes, jewellery, mobile phones, cameras, computers and silverware.
The benefits of Real Contents Insurance for renters
- Get a quote online within just a few minutes.
- Save up to 10% when you buy online.1
- Set your own excess – the higher the excess that you choose, the lower your premium.
- Flexible payment options.
- Speak to a real claims person based in Australia.
What’s covered for renters
- Accidental glass breakages cover, such as mirrors and fixed glass in furniture.
- New for old replacement on most items if your contents are damaged or stolen.
- Coverage for contents outside of your home.
- Coverage for a wide range of natural disasters and other events.
- Protection against theft or malicious damage to your contents, including vandalism.
- Cover for damage caused by the bursting, leaking or overflow of water.
- Contents in your home office – no need for a separate policy.
- Add optional extras, including Electrical Motor Burnout cover and Portable Valuables cover.
Tenants can choose from two levels of cover to suit your needs:
1) Top Contents Insurance
Comprehensive contents insurance offers added protection against accidental damage, including theft, vandalism, natural disaster and more.
2) Essential Contents Insurance
Essential Contents Insurance protects against theft, fire, earthquakes, lightning, storms, vandalism, bursting of water and all at an affordable price.
Why should tenants choose Real Contents Insurance?
- The Real Insurance Claims team is situated in Australia and our telephone number responds 24/7 for emergency claims.
- Your policy is underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company, an Australian insurer overseen by our Australian prudential regulator.
Remember, Contents Insurance won’t insure the landlord’s house and fittings, but will cover your contents.