Essential Home & Contents Insurance
While all of our home and contents policies protect against a range of events including fire, theft, storm and more, Essential cover delivers peace of mind at a more affordable price.
- Accidental glass breakage cover such as window glass, shower screens, basins and toilets, mirrors and fixed glass in furniture
- Coverage for a wide range of natural disasters and other events
- Protection against theft or malicious damage to your contents, including vandalism
- New for old replacement on most items if your contents are damaged or stolen
- Coverage for contents outside of your home
- Cover for damage due to impact, whether it's a fallen tree or a car crashing into your house
- Cover for damage caused by bursting, leaking, discharging or overflow of water.
- Cover for your belongings if they’re stolen from an approved location away from your home
- Strata fixtures that are owned by you, but that can’t be insured through your body corporate
- We'll replace external locks if your keys are stolen
- We'll arrange emergency accommodation if your home is unsafe
- Contents in your home office — no need for a separate policy
- Add optional extras, including Electrical Motor Burnout cover and Portable Valuables cover
Please note: This is a summary of our home and contents insurance policy features and benefits. For full details and to decide which cover is right for you, you must read our Product Disclosure Statement.
Why choose Real Insurance?
- Select your excess amount and add optional covers to suit your needs. The higher the excess the lower the premium and vice versa.
- Save up to 20% when you buy a combined home and contents policy online1
- Flexible payment options
- 24/7 claims lodgement and emergency assistance
Make the switch today. Call us on 13 19 48 or Get a Quote & Buy Online.
- 10% saving for online applicants for all new Home/Contents policies, savings in first year only. Additional 10% for a combined Home/Contents policy. Minimum premiums may reduce savings discount.